Demonstration of how to accurately measure the optical spectra of solutions of nanoparticles using a UV-Vis (UV-Visible) spectrophotometer. In this demo, we use an Agilent 8453 spectrophotometer to measure a sample of nanoComposix‘s NanoXact 10 nm silver nanospheres, but the same techniques can be applied to many different instruments and sample types.
• Background of UV-Vis spectrophotometry
• Blanking the instrument
• Measuring your sample
• Other tips & things to watch out for when measuring UV-Vis
Guidelines for UV-Vis Analysis handbook:
Other useful links:
• Optical Properties of Silver Nanoparticles:
• Optical Properties of Gold Nanoparticles:
• Introduction to Plasmonic Nanomaterials:
• Overview of Nanoparticle Characterization Techniques:
Part 2 of this series can be found here:
Let us measure your sample for you! Find out more about our UV-Vis measurement services and other nanoparticle characterization services at
Thanks for watching! Please comment below with feedback and suggestions of what else you’d like to see from us!