The second part in a series on how to accurately measure the optical spectra of solutions of nanoparticles using a UV-VIS (UV-Visible) spectroscopy. In this demo, we use an Agilent 8453 spectrophotometer to accurately measure a high concentration solution of nanoComposix’s BioPure Silver Nanospheres using an analytical balance.
The video discusses:
• Optimal absorbance to take UV-Vis measurements
• Measurement techniques for performing a dilution
• Critical data that needs to be captured in order to accurately perform a quantitative calculation
Guidelines for UV-Vis Analysis handbook:
Other useful links:
• Optical Properties of Silver Nanoparticles:
• Optical Properties of Gold Nanoparticles:
• Introduction to Plasmonic Nanomaterials:
• Overview of Nanoparticle Characterization Techniques:
Part 1 of this series can be found here:
Let us measure your sample for you! Find out more about our UV-Vis measurement services and other nanoparticle characterization services at nanocomposix.com
Thanks for watching! Please comment below with feedback and suggestions of what else you’d like to see from us!
Learn more about colloidal silver and other colloidal metals
Purchase best quality colloidal silver products